Friday 6 January 2012

Missing Dogs and Tami's Inspirational Challenge

Happy Friday

Nearly the weekend, and looking forward to recharging my batteries with the family, term starts on Monday for me, so hi ho and off to work I will go:-)

I have been busy the last couple of days, trying to help where I can with some stolen Tibetan Spaniels, this has also inspired me to volunteer for "Lost Dog" a free service entirely run by volunteers to help reunite dogs with their owners. The dog theft market is again on the rise, and unless we stand up to these despicable criminals, and in my opinion change the laws regarding animal theft, and make it a harsh custodial sentence, things will not change.

The distress to owners and to the pets is very real and extremely harmful!

Below is a poster about the missing tibbies, believed to be taken by travellers and probably on there way to Ireland, originally six dogs went missing, one found it's way home and two were found at a travellers site near to where they were stolen. THREE ARE STILL MISSING! I will leave you to make your mind up as to whether travellers are the culprits in this crime!

The Daily Mail has run an article and there is a campaign on Face Book, PLEASE if you know anything get in touch, I beg you.


Ok on a lighter note, and what you usually expect from me is a card, so here is the challenge card for the delightful Tami Mayberry's challenge, set last Monday, the challenge is to be inspired by the new Gina K papers from the new Stamp TV kit True love, here is a picture Tami posted to inspire us!


My set has not arrived yet, so I took inspiration from the picture and also from a card posted by the wonderful Tina Gilliland and can be seen Here


I started by cutting out the card base and layers with Spellbinders Labels 21 S5-027, I used some rainbow paper from my scrap box and stamped an old background stamp in Memento Rose Bud, the hearts are from Papermania and came to me by way of a friend, thank you Nicke :-)

The white layer was passed through a Cuttlebug folder called Seeing Spots.

The sentiment is by Gina K and is called Love Notes, also cut out with a Labels 21 die and the edges inked in Memento Angel Pink, The pearls were also a gift from the same friend.

Sorry to have started todays post on such a sad note, but please remember to keep your eyes and ears open, as these babies could be anywhere in the country by now.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Alex,
    Am glad to have found your blog :) but sorry to know you have missing animal(s). What a busy, busy lady you are, for such grand and need causes. May you be richly blessed for your efforts. I do love the artwork you achieve in card making. Thank you for being part of the GinaK family, for your sweet comments, and for being so supportive to us new ones there.
    Aloha and warm hugs,
    Rosy
    (PS we do get a bit of snow up on top of the mountains each winter, and the winds blow over it into our bedroom window-brrrrrr. It's great though, I love the chill after very warm afternoons.)

    ReplyDelete