Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tattered Leaves Wreath

Happy Tuesday to you


I though you might like a tutorial on a project I have made for a display at Hobbycraft in Broadstairs.


Firstly I cut out several leaves, using vanilla card stock and my Cuttlebug.


Next I used a bone folder and a pricking mat, to free-hand emboss veins on the leaves


This is a picture of one of the leaves after embossing.


I then chose a selection of Distress inks in the following colours:

Dusty Concord, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Victorian Velvet, Mustard Seed and Crushed Olive. As you can see I used sponge daubers for this project as the leaves were small, but you can use the Tim Holtz / Ranger foam applicators for the same result.


Next I randomly added colour to the leaves using the sponge daubers and the distress inks.


I continues to add random colours from my original selection.


Blending as I went along.


Until all the leaves were coloured.


I then made two bows using complimentary ribbon, using my Bow Easy, the ribbon and wreath are available at Hobbycraft stores across the country.


I added some twine to make a hanger for the wreath and then used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon.


I then attached the leaves in the same way.

Thank you for stopping by, happy crafting.










No comments:

Post a Comment