Wednesday 28 September 2011

Autumn Candle


Hello! My card today is for the Mix it up Monday Challenge over at STV, the very talented Tammi Mayberry set a challenge to use the following picture for inspiration to create a card.


As you can see I have used the colours, the jars and the leaves and flowers to create my project.


First I stamped the candle from a SU set called - Party this way, on Very Vanilla card stock.


I then stamped it again on a post it and cut it out, and masked my candle.


Next I stamped the jar from Buds & Vases on to my Stamp-a-ma-jig, (these are also available at SU).


I then positioned the jar where I wanted it, and stamped over the masked candle.


I coloured the candle with Copic markers, RV17, YR23 & Y02.


And I coloured the jar with B000 & B00


I cut out and embossed the image using my Nestabilities Petite Ovals small.


While it was still in the die, I sponged SU Tempting Turquoise.


I then added red and gold rhinestones to the bottom of the jar to represent the pebbles in the original picture.


This is the result!


Next I cut out three small leaves from my new Heartfelt leaves die by Spellbinders 


Then I inked them up with the Distress inks in the same way as yesterdays tutorial.


I stamped the boarder from A Year of Boarders in SU Tangerine Tango


The card is all SU, the base is Tangerine Tango, I layered this with some Very Vanilla and then some Tempting turquoise which I embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder.
The greeting is from The Falling for you STV Kit, and is cut out with my SU 1 3/4 " oval punch and layered on more Tempting Turquoise that has been cut out with my SU 2" oval punch. This is then layered on to the stamped strip and layered on to more Tangerine Tango.

All stamp sets, unless otherwise stated are from Gina K Designs

Card and ink is all from Stamping Up

Thank you for stopping by!













1 comment: