Friday 21 December 2012

THERE'S SOMETHING MAGICAL ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Happy Friday

Today I have a card for the latest DS4J Challenge. We were asked to create a project to show what the true meaning of Christmas means to us.


The card uses the image 3 Kings and the DP is borrowed from my husbands digi files for his model railway hobby, I hunted high and low for a brick/stone type paper, and my lovely friend Chris suggested I look at paper for dolls houses, this made me think as to what I already have access to and behold my lovely better half had this on his computer, this has really made me think to look outside of the normal sources for things for my projects! The window dies (yes there are two needed to make the window) are Grand Gothic Window & Grand Gothic Luminary Window both by Memory box - Poppy Stamps, the tree is Cheery Lynn Lace Christmas Tree, the sentiment is from Gina K Designs and is from Heirloom Ornament and the holly is by Lala Land Crafts and is called Holly Flourish.

So why does this card show what Christmas means to me?

My wonderful eldest son went to a beautiful old grammar school that was part of a Cathedral complex, and every Christmas we would attend the advent service, also known as the darkness into light service, the beautiful Medieval building was completely dark, and the choir boys would walk down the isle in a procession with Once in Royal Davids City being sung by the soloist as they walked, and as they walked the lights would come on in stages as they passed down the isle. This service is the most beautiful and spine tingling experience, and for me was always the start of Christmas. So this is why I have chosen to make this card because this to me is the true meaning of Christmas!

I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Christmas and you have the opportunity to make some very special memories with your loved ones. My Christmas is quiet this year and I will be taking the opportunity to re-charge my batteries and my mojo to bring you some more of my ramblings and creations very soon.

Happy Holidays to all xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. great and beautiful card Alex.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Alex! Love your sweet scene and all of its components! Enjoyed your memories, too. Have a Merry Christmas! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete