Monday 20 February 2012

STV Free for all Friday & FB Challenges

Happy Monday to you all

Firstly I would like to say how much fun it was being the guest host last week for the shaker card challenge (see previous post). Thank you for all of you who supported me in this, and for your amazing creations, they can be seen here in the challenge gallery.

I had never appreciated how hard the designers over at STV really worked, until last week, and I would like to say a big thank you to Gina and all the designers for their ongoing inspiration and support, you are all truly wonderful.

Today I have two cards for you, the first is the Friday challenge at STV, creative Cat has asked us to CASE the lovely Jimmi Mayo, the card I have chosen to case can be found Here

As you can see, I have changed the DP, boarder, the ribbon and the sentiment.


The pots are paper pieced, and the DP is from my stash, the stamp set is What's the Dirt, I was lucky enough to win this as blog candy from the amazing and talented Melanie Muenchinger, if you have not checked out her blog yet, it is well worth a look and can be found Here


The flowers were coloured using Bic Mark it markers in the ultra fine in Sunset Orange, Summer Melon, Polynesian Purple, Fandango pink, and Key Lime.


The little towel was coloured with the same Bic pens and I used Cloud Nine Grey, Summer Melon, and Polynesian Purple.


As you can see there are some "nibble" marks next to the little caterpillar, he is from a set by Melanie Muenchinger called A Year of Leaves, the addition of this little guy is me covering up a mistake, when I cut the Spellbinders Classic Oval small S4-112, I had used a scrap piece of card to create the image, and after taking it out of the die realised the mistake, so thinking it looked like a bite had been taken out, I added the caterpillar, to make it look like it was intended. As I tell all the lovely people who come to my classes, and demonstrations, there is no mistake you can't cover up. In fact I am very pleased with the outcome of my carelessness.


The sentiment is a wood mounted stamp from my local hobby store (probably from a sale bin), I cut an extra edge in the DP from the same punch as I used for the tag, and added it to the sentiment.


The lacy edge is cut using a MS punch, and the DP is mounted on some pink textured card is from a mixed colour pack by Papermania. the focal image is mounted on the same textured card and cut using Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals small S4-252.

My second challenge card is for the STV FB challenge, hosted by the lovely Lee, she has challenged us to use butterflies.


I have used another set of Melanie Muenchinger called A Year of Boarders, for the background and the large butterfly is a stamp duo called Hope is Faith, the boarder is Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Boardabilities S4-239, cut from another piece of the card from the same Papermania pack, the ink is Brilliance Pearlescent Purple, I just love how these inks twinkle in the light.

Thank you for dropping by, have a great crafty week!



1 comment:

  1. What fabulous cards Alex and love your paper piecing on the first one. Jimmi has such a great style of card making. Nice job on Lee's FB challenge too...love the pink :) You did a wonderful job hostessing over on Stamp TV!!! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete